Logo

2000 model Chris Craft 210...5.7 Volvo Penta????????

tlee_ls1

I am new to boating and to this site so any help is greatly appreciated. The boat I am referring to is in the title. I have had this boat since the beginning of last summer. It ran great all summer, until the very end of summer it was hard to get it started while warm. So I took it to a very reputable shop here in Austin and they changed the oil, tuned it up, and winterized it. About a month and a half later I had them de winterize it. I took it out last week and it fired up first try cold. I went about a mile and a half from the ramp and we anchored for a little while. We decided to leave and it would not start, It would just crank but wouldn't start. After a while it finally started with the help of some starting fluid. I got it to the house and put the ears on it and let it run up to operating temp, turned it off and it started every time no matter what.

I guess my question is what would cause the boat to run and start fine cold but not warm, and plus why only on the lake???????

I am really confused Carb is clean, choke seems to be operating correctly, its not overheating.

Thanks for any help

Hi there. I live in Austin, Tx too - I am looking to buy a 1999 210 Bowrider which is on lake travis. Did you ever get an answer from your question? Also - any advice on the boat? Test drove it today - was great. The engine is a 5.7l Volvo, which had a new long block 40 hours ago due to the original engine not being winterized 4 years ago. Getting it checked on Monday at a Marina.

I am new to boating and to this site so any help is greatly appreciated. The boat I am referring to is in the title. I have had this boat since the beginning of last summer. It ran great all summer, until the very end of summer it was hard to get it started while warm. So I took it to a very reputable shop here in Austin and they changed the oil, tuned it up, and winterized it. About a month and a half later I had them de winterize it. I took it out last week and it fired up first try cold. I went about a mile and a half from the ramp and we anchored for a little while. We decided to leave and it would not start, It would just crank but wouldn't start. After a while it finally started with the help of some starting fluid. I got it to the house and put the ears on it and let it run up to operating temp, turned it off and it started every time no matter what.

I guess my question is what would cause the boat to run and start fine cold but not warm, and plus why only on the lake???????

I am really confused Carb is clean, choke seems to be operating correctly, its not overheating.

Thanks for any help

Back