Logo

2000 Mercury 225 EFI constant beep

britishcolumbia

Good afternoon, looking for some advice diagnosing my 225 EFI warning horn issue. First of all motor was just fine when put away last season, first spring start on the muffs I have encountered a constant steady beep motor running or not. I know this can usually mean low/no oil, overtemp, sensor out of range, or? I started with disconnecting the oil tank sensor, no change. Disconnecting the temp sensor, no change. After disconnecting the battery and leaving both sensors unplugged I now have a constant beep still, but the tone of the beep goes up and down, high and low. I haven’t been able to find anything online about that tone. Motor starts up just fine and is running well, and it is clearly getting oil. Lots of smoke on startup like usual.

Does anyone have some insight on that high and low constant beep tone? Or things to check without access to a mercury DDT? I have read throttle position sensor could be the culprit but don’t have the equipment to test it.

Thank you

Good afternoon, looking for some advice diagnosing my 225 EFI warning horn issue. First of all motor was just fine when put away last season, first spring start on the muffs I have encountered a constant steady beep motor running or not. I know this can usually mean low/no oil, overtemp, sensor out of range, or? I started with disconnecting the oil tank sensor, no change. Disconnecting the temp sensor, no change. After disconnecting the battery and leaving both sensors unplugged I now have a constant beep still, but the tone of the beep goes up and down, high and low. I haven’t been able to find anything online about that tone. Motor starts up just fine and is running well, and it is clearly getting oil. Lots of smoke on startup like usual.

Does anyone have some insight on that high and low constant beep tone? Or things to check without access to a mercury DDT? I have read throttle position sensor could be the culprit but don’t have the equipment to test it.

Thank you
I have the same problem with my 2000 Merc 225 hp i/o. Mine is carbureted however. My boat was just started today for the first time this season after being serviced and outfitted with a new control/shift box earlier this spring. I get a continuous beep, despite all systems appearing to function normally. Did you ever solve your mystery?

Back