Logo

2000 Johnson 90 pushing fuel out of vent tube

Corsair 444

My motor, a low hour 2000 Johnson 90 2 stroke (j90psse) recently left me stranded. The fuel delivery system was flooding the engine, not allowing to run. I figured it was time to rebuild the carbs. Rebuilt all 4 carburetors, as well as replaced the float, needle, seat, and cover gasket on the vapor separator. I also completely replaced the vapor pump.

The engine now pushes fuel out of the vent tube that goes to the air silencer. It pours out either when trying to use the priming bulb, or when turning over the engine. I believe the primer solenoid is in the correct position. Gas is getting to the air side of this pump some how, I'm just hoping someone else has encountered this.

20220813_132123_3adf1e9d5fc938612648ee3a664527e6bf761e3c.png

Primer bulb being squeezed:
https://imgur.com/d4HtFym

Myself I would never spend the beer tokens for a new vapor pump.-----A $7.00 diaphragm would fix it every time if there was an issue with it.----Perhaps put old vapor pump back on.

Myself I would never spend the beer tokens for a new vapor pump.-----A $7.00 diaphragm would fix it every time if there was an issue with it.----Perhaps put old vapor pump back on.

It was having the same problem with the old vapor pump as well. So I don't think that the issues. I think it may be something in vapor separator not checking off correctly.

Float was hung up in the separator tank. Solved that problem. Can't seems to get the engine to run more than a few seconds now. Starting to wonder if it was an ignition problem that caused the initial problem. Spark seems pretty weak.

Back