Logo

200 opti won’t restart after initial cold start.

Nokwit

I’ve been pulling my hair out for months now and came up with a bandaid fix but it sucks! The engine starts up great on the first start attempt of the day. I‘ve let it warm up and also only ran it for a couple of seconds and it makes really no difference. It doesn’t want to restart without giving it tons throttle and tons of cranking time. Even doing this doesn’t guarantee it will restart. No fault codes. If I unplug both port and starbd head temp sensors it starts back up normally without too much issue as this causes rich condition and it idles rougher and is in fact running rich. I sent out fuel injectors for rebuild with no change. New plugs. Checked for crap in vst and ran tons of merc and seafoam fuel system cleaner through components. All pumps work. On cold start engine runs smooth and performs well just won’t restart. Temp seasors are within a degree of actual temp when checked with Merc G3 software. I don’t see any parameter values that differ from initial start to second start attempt. Air injectors cleaned. ECU? Just don’t get what would change in ECU value from 1st to second start other than key switch counter if this ECU even records. Here’s a video of symptom measuring fuel rail pressure. https://youtu.be/lL_6_rAs98g

Any run into a similar case?

Back