Logo

1999 Mercury Tracker Pro Series hard start when sitting after warm up

Jcbwaters3

So I bought a 1999 Tracker boat a month ago that's in amazing condition. It has a 1999 Tracker Mercury 60hp on it. It had a rough idle and if it sat after cruising around the pond for over 10 minutes it required some throttle to start. So I took the carbs off yesterday and cleaned them and they were pretty clean already. Sprayed and blew them out. Started from seated with the idle mixture screws and backed out one and a half turns. Tuned it as best I could in a barrel. Idles well.

Took it out today and it idles amazingly well now. Smooth and quiet. Motor doesn't vibrate like before. My issue still remains with the starting when warm after sitting. Give it a little throttle and fires up no problem and runs like a dream. Is this normal. Could this be a sign that the idle mixture screws are set lean? Plugs are Golden brown. Could my idle be too low to get it to fire? It idles fine though so doesn't seem likely. Primer bulb stays rock hard. It has an amazing hole shot and can cruise all day and idle all day trolling.

Just not sure if this is normal? Have seen mixed responses to others with the same issue.

Back