Logo

1999 8.1 Xl Crusader ecm

jim.r

Does any one know what color wire is the made power feed wire into the ecm 1999 .8.1 TBI crusader.
I swaped computer to good engine and it fired right up .So computer is not bad.So maybe no power coming from harness to power computer .
But getting information on this engine is terrible. Can anyone help

One post at a time is the best approach.

There's plenty of info on those engines....it just don't live in the free realm of the internet...

Besides the main breaker, there are a pair of relays and three (+/-) fuses you can start with.

Also, since NONE of us reading your posts are at the boat, please include all relevant detail in your post...or expect followup questions....

Thanks for the follow up Makomark,
I did include all info in a post before this one.
I did find the problem we have main red feed. good yellow and red stripe crank feed good . purple computer and fuel pump relay feed found this wire broken in the harness . repaired this and fired right up thanks. Real problem with no wiring diagram. I used a wiring diagram for 5.7 1999 crusader with square plug . not exactly right but close enough for me to fiqure out. how the wires where run through the system.Kinda just like a Gm system.

glad you resolved it....bummer on a break in the harness....somebody must have been rough in the past.....

it is a GM system.....just uses the marine standard color codes for the common functions....

Back