Logo

1998 Tracker Force Power Series

bigNrich

Just bout a 98 Nitro 700lx at a steal, less than 90 hours on the outboard. I've never been a fan of Force but couldn't pass it up. Reading all the horror stories on Force, has anyone had any good service from Force?

Alright, siphoned old gas out of tanks and no varnish, changed foot oil, fresh gas with some quicksilver fuel system cleaner, 120psi compression in all 4 cylinders, new plugs.... fired up on the first couple turns. Taking it to the lake tomorrow! I'll let you know how it goes.

Finally got to the lake after all the rain in the Southeast! Cranks and runs great, runs great at 1/4 throttle but is fuel starved past that. Hit the choke and it came to life so somewhere there's a fuel problem.. Noticed the ball wants to go soft so I was thinking maybe a vent problem?? Any suggestions?

Once the motor starts.The ball stops being useful.It will go soft.Sounds like the fuel pump needs to be rebuilt.Or the tank vent is clogged.
Replace all the hoses.Squeezie too.Any inline connectors? They go bad after a while.

When I drained the old fuel out, I used the ball to pump it out so I could make sure the pick-up was free flowing and not clogged. The tank made a "congested" sound when I pumped but I decided it must be a backflow valve of sorts from the fuel line to the motor back into the tank as that seemed to be where it was coming from. I'll start with a new fuel line to the outboard then move to a fuel pump.

There is no back flush valve(anti-siphon valve)used on outboards.It should flow free and easy.
Check the vent line.Bugs get in there and clog it.J

Back