Logo

1997 SeaRay 5.7 Mercruiser 210HP de-winterize question

spartacus99

I had my Sundeck winterized by the marina last October. It sits on a lift in my wet slip. My question is, I noticed a bottle connected to my hose going to the engine.
I already changed the oil and fuel filter. The lower unit is brand new, the gear oil is new so the impeller doesn't need to be changed. I'm not exactly what was in the bottle that is pictured, but that's what the marina left in there along with bio friendly antifreeze that can be discharged into the lake without harmful effects to the environment or fish, along with some carburetor fogging oil, so do I just remove the bottle, re-attach the hose with the clamp, then lower the boat/outdrive into the water and fire it up?? I really can't see paying someone $175 to attach a hose clamp.
Please advise....
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 2024-03-07 12.48.53.jpg
    2024-03-07 12.48.53.jpg
    843.7 KB · Views: 21
It looks like the left it that way on purpose so if anyone undid the bottle and ran it and did not re winterize or put bottle back in place, it would not be their fault.

Some marinas pull all the plugs and put fhem in a bag and tywrap them to engine...

I would ask who ever did it why it was left that way....

Back