Logo

1997 Primer Solenoid question

One of the two small lines from the primer solenoid is broken off. These both go the the carbs. Will one of them being broken off keep the engine from starting all together?

But on his 3 cylinder 35 HP some only had one nipple on the electric primer from the factory !!!----Unless it was replaced with one off a V-4 or 70 HP 3 cylinder motor and not converted to one nipple !----Sorry ---I can not see this motor to inspect what may have been messed with.

Last edited:
But on his 3 cylinder 35 HP some only had one nipple on the electric primer from the factory !!!----Unless it was replaced with one off a V-4 or 70 HP 3 cylinder motor and not converted to one nipple !----Sorry ---I can not see this motor to inspect what may have been messed with.

It appears that it was converted from a VRO system to premix fuel. I don't know if that makes a difference to the primer or not. But the real issue is that the fuel, while getting to the carbs, does not seem to be getting into the compression chambers. I was thinking that a broken fixture on the primer may somehow cause a loss of vacuum or something that would cause the fuel not to be drawn in.

Pictures of your motor would help.----Some of those 3 cylinders motors that I have only have one nipple on the primer !!---The electric primer puts fuel directly into the motor.----This fuel bypasses the carburetor metering circuits.

Back