Logo

1997 J115TSLEUA Johonson Outboard

macman1980

HELP!!! #1 and #4 cylinder will not fire. Rebuilt both Carbs. Replaced Plugs, Plug wires, Coils and Power pack. Inline spark tester shows spark. Spark plugs smell like fuel when i take them out. Compression is 120 to 125 on all 4 cylinders..

This was my dads boat and he used it for 2 yrs max. After he passed, it sat unused for about 10 years. Now the motor was new when he got it, so it probably don't have 200hrs on it. The first time I got it, I rebuilt carbs replaced spark plugs. It ran great for it ran great for 5 yrs. Last time it was on the water it ran out great, at the end of the day started to head back to the ramp just kept stalling out, limped it back, parked it and haven't messed with it until now.

Sounds like wires from powerpack to the coils are mixed up.-----Up to you to do some inspection.----Color of stripes on orange wires going to each coil ?----Post those here.

Factory powerpack ???----Those colors are correct.----Check the reed valves for junk.----You have verified that oil injection is working properly ?-----You have tested overheat warning horn ?-----Replaced water pump impeller after sitting all this time.

Would anybody out there happen to know the wire designation for the timer base also known as the trigger it has five wires pink blue green purple white

Back