Logo

1997 200hp oceanpro no oil alarm

bigboypw

hi my no oil alarm kept going

hi my no oil alarm kept going of so i had to be towed in i would like to know how to check sensors and vro pump to see what needs to be fixed or replaced the oil container was full

"first--premix gas 50/1 until

"first--premix gas 50/1 until prob has been corrected to protect engine.,bleed fuel system/drain carbs, to ensure mix gets to carbs.Next,ck oil line for kinks,if oil primer bulb is old,brittle replace entire line.Check/clean/replace filter screen in oil tank...oil tanks are seldom cleaned as they should be,this is a common source of clogging and prob's.Next,check all oil line connections,they must be air tight.Test run,horn still going off,unplug at vro pump,if horn quits..replace VRO pump,and get a manual to follow purge and installation guides.If horn continues,unplug wires to oil tank,if it quits,oil sender in tank is bad.Replace.If vro,and tank sender wires are disc,and horn continues,--bad system ck guage.This checking procedure,can be reversed to start w/the electronics first,but we find ALOT of clogged filter screens,so thats why i put it first.BE sure to premix gas,and purge lines and carbs while doing testing..so as to get oiled gas,to engine."

My oil alarm has be going on for a while I thought It was just a faulty sensor today while driving the motor sounded different and I stopped and it would not start again it's power just it very tight abs will not turn over any advice

First off you should start your own thread with all your motor information and your problem. By the sounds of it your motor is probably done. You should of been checking it out right away when you heard the alarm not just thought it's just a faulty sensor and kept driving. Probably a very expensive mistake.

First off you should start your own thread with all your motor information and your problem. By the sounds of it your motor is probably done. You should of been checking it out right away when you heard the alarm not just thought it's just a faulty sensor and kept driving. Probably a very expensive mistake.
Thanks for the reply do you think that the motor can be repaired

Why yes , it can be repaired.------Might be cheaper to find another motor.------From the sound of it it will be expensive to fix !!

Back