Logo

1996 Johnson 90 hp rectifier

samaral

Hello all and thanks for the add I have 1996 Johnson 90 hp model j9osle0c and I'm on my 2nd rectifier. I was having tachometer and ignition problems. I was able to jump the solenoid and get back to the ramp. When checking it out I noticed grease leaking from the rectifier.I wondering if it's water cooled. I'm thinking the water path to it might be clogged? Any advice or info would be great. Thanks

It is an SLEDC----Do you install a new impeller every 5 years ?---It is water cooled.----A big cavity full of water below it.------If water passage is blocked to that rectifier / regulator you have serious issues.-----Did overheat horn sound ?----Have you tested the overheat horn ?

It is an SLEDC----Do you install a new impeller every 5 years ?---It is water cooled.----A big cavity full of water below it.------If water passage is blocked to that rectifier / regulator you have serious issues.-----Did overheat horn sound ?----Have you tested the overheat horn ?
Yes new impeller about 100 hours ago. Motor didn't over heat. No horn but haven't tested it. When I jumped out the solenoid it was an hour run back to the ramp so I think if it was not getting water to the block I would of had more of an issue. I was thinking that maybe that cavity wasn't getting water in it? I'm not really sure how the water is feed into it

Back