Logo

1996 Johnson 40hp 2 stroke J40TLEDS

Wildeyes216

Hi, just replaced head gasket and thermostat/housing gasket. Before the repair impeller was pumping fine. When I started up not getting any water out of house. Had muffs I've used several times that have always worked with an issue. Any idea?? Tested compression, both cylinders 95 psi. Is this good compression for this engine? Appreciate any thoughts! Thanks!!

Test with another gauge first.----My opinion is that something is wrong.------When the head was of what did cylinder walls look like ?-----A nice crosshatch honing pattern ?

Test with another gauge first.----My opinion is that something is wrong.------When the head was of what did cylinder walls look like ?-----A nice crosshatch honing pattern ?

The cylinder walls looked nice. Did have nice crosshatch pattern. No scratches or areas that concerned me. Head wasn't wrapped. Top of pistons had carbon. I cleaned with WD-40 and green scrub pad. They cleaned up nicely. Ill have to get my hands on another Guage. Had good spray before taking head of, which is throwing me for a loop. Appreciate your advice.

Every outboard cylinder head that I have looked at has been warped to some degree.----Just the nature of an aluminum casting as it heatt up / cools down / ages !!

Back