Logo

1996 evinrude 3 cyl cuts out

richard

my 1996 25 3cyl. when hot idl

my 1996 25 3cyl. when hot idles well but when i open throttle to move it cuts out. it restarts no problem. the only way to open throttle is to idle for 10 minutes or shut it down for awhile.i was told it was power pack and sensor under flywheel problem . possible ?????

attention joe reeves need adv

attention joe reeves need advice on 1996 25 hp 3 cyl. my 1996 3cyl. 25 hp when hot at full throttle cuts out or when hot and idling and go to throttle up also cuts out. tried changing gas in tank. checked vent in tank cap. changed one spark plug wire . changed all plugs. no change. at the mechanic i was told it was power pack.the mechanic wants to also change sensor under flywheel because bombardier recomends this because of future problems if not changed together? joe have you ever heard of this.please advise .power pack itself is quiet expensive but i find that close to 200.oo for a sensor is also quiet expensive. thank you in advance.

"Richard.... I really wish I c

"Richard.... I really wish I could advise you on that question,. but I am not familiar with the 3 cylinder 25hp at all.

However, if it is a remote control 25hp and a ignition switch is incorporated, the ignition switch may have an intermitent short. In which case I would suggest that you either remove the black/yellow wire from the switch, or remove the black/yellow wire from the powerpack connector (which one is easiest to get at). That eliminates the pack ground circuit via the ignition switch.

If this cures the problem, replace the ignition switch. Note... with that black/yellow wire removed, you will not be able to shut down the engine by turning the ignition key to the off position.

Joe
"

" joe,
i,m changing my igniti

" joe,
i,m changing my ignition switch on a 1975 65hp Triumph. I got the bottom of the control box off and need help getting the top half off....thanks for any info..my father retired from omc milwaukee "

Back