Logo

1996 Evinrude 150 No Oil Light after VRO pumped rebuild

It's just about got to be in the harness somewhere with the alarm still sounding even with the vro unplugged.You said in a earlier post the gauge and connection were corroded,did you clean the connection well?Start inpecting the wirining harness from the gauge back towards the remote also in the engine itself where the wiring bundle is smaller looking for bare wires.

It is truly the oddest thing thus far with this boat. Te only other thing I can think of is maybe there is some periodic restriction occuring on the oil or fuel line, enough to set the sensor off but not enough to mess too badly with the micture. So looks like i need to pull some floor panels and take a look there as well.

Fuel restriction will turn on the check engine light.This alarm sounds whether the engine running or not,I would look for a wire going to ground.After you put the new vro pump on you did get the air bled out didnt you.

Fuel restriction will turn on the check engine light.This alarm sounds whether the engine running or not,I would look for a wire going to ground.After you put the new vro pump on you did get the air bled out didnt you.

bled the line to purge any air. Yes. I’m not getting the “check engine” light at all. Just no oil. I’m stumped at the moment.

bled the line to purge any air. Yes. I’m not getting the “check engine” light at all. Just no oil. I’m stumped at the moment.
For time being I’ve disconnected the sensor. The lines are unobstructed and oil draw is as expected. Motor running well. Def odd.

For time being I’ve disconnected the sensor. The lines are unobstructed and oil draw is as expected. Motor running well. Def odd.
Welp it had a good run but now the motor is overheating. Still getting that No Oil light and thinking there is direct relation there.

To test this I took heads off and put on new O rings. Then sealed up the motor and ran with thermostats out. The pee from the motor gets to a scolding temp which I know is wrong. I cleaned all the water passages and the pee stream is certainly improved and smooth. But holy crap it’s way too hot. I’m stumped. So thinking the motor isn’t getting enough oil in the fuel is the culprit.

Any thoughts?

you would never catch me in a million years using a vro on any of my engines i always mix my fuel and throw the vro pumps as far as i can to get it away from me seen a few engines bite the dust cus of those things

Back