Logo

1996 crusader 502 stalls

bkair

I have an intermittent problem with my starboard engine. Start normally and runs at low, medium, and high rpm at dock. When I go rom about 2k rpm to idle she winds down and eventually will stall. Starts right back up normally. This does not happen every time. Any ideas? No problem with port engine.
p.s. I have2 fuel tanks. Port has over 3/4 full and starboard has 1/2. Fuel has been treated and stabilized for ethanol but is from early last season

Running at no load, at the dock, really doesn't provide insight into what going on inside of your engine...

which version of the 502 do you have (serial number or at least the fuel system type description)? How often does this happen - hot or cold - really not much info to go on...

Running at no load, at the dock, really doesn't provide insight into what going on inside of your engine...

which version of the 502 do you have (serial number or at least the fuel system type description)? How often does this happen - hot or cold - really not much info to go on...
1996 502xli. Throttle body engines. Stalling is intermittent and happens at about 165 to 170 degrees. Have not taken her out yet for season. Hope this helps

I'd say you need to figure out if your symptoms are due to lack of spark or loss of fuel...the GM TBI's need an adapter to measure fuel pressure...an inductive timing light is one easy way to see if the coil produces spark...

Separate tanks is a good data point - could be fuel related and in the fuel supply area...

Time to start diagnosing

Back