Logo

1995 Penn Yan Avenger 232 Outdrive Specs?

I've got a 1995 Penn Yan Avenger 232 hull that came with a Alpha One Gen 2 outdrive. The original transom adapter is installed but when I enter the serial number stamped on the transom adapter (0F537504) on the Mercury Parts website, gears for all available gear ratios are listed so I can't tell what the as-built gear ratio of the original gear case was. Does anyone know what outdrive gear ratio would have come from the factory in this boat? Prop info would be helpful too. I'm not finding any detailed specs online.

Ratio should be on the sticker and also stamp in the drive under it on side of out drive near gear oil plug.

I wasn't very clear in my original post. The only thing that's still on the boat is the transom adapter. I'll need to buy a replacement outdrive, which is why I need to know the gear ratio.

Anyway, I was able to get in touch with a Penn Yan expert and he was able to confirm a 1:47:1 gear ratio. Thanks.

I wasn't very clear in my original post. The only thing that's still on the boat is the transom adapter. I'll need to buy a replacement outdrive, which is why I need to know the gear ratio.

Anyway, I was able to get in touch with a Penn Yan expert and he was able to confirm a 1:47:1 gear ratio. Thanks.
Is the original engine still in the boat? Drive ratio is dependent on what engine is installed if you are swapping engines too

Is the original engine still in the boat? Drive ratio is dependent on what engine is installed if you are swapping engines too
That is correct for 99%.
1% maybe have a different gear ratio in lower for heavy boat and/or underpowered or high altitude.

Typically the final ratio for that 1% is 2:1
The other 99% , all the lowers have the "standard" ratio

Back