Logo

1994 evinrude 225 spark issue

oil driver

Contributing Member
After running hard pulling a tube for a half hour, I shut off the engine to pull the tube onboard. I let the boat drift for awhile(probably another half hour).. When I started the engine , it ran for less than a minute and stalled. I pulled the cover. The engine was hot, especially the flywheel. The heads were not nearly as hot. I used the kicker to get home.
I did a compression test which actually came up about the same as the one from several years back,( all between 90+100psi). When I checked for spark , I got nothing on the starboard bank. The port side was good. Two years ago, I had a spark problem which a new power pack cured. I installed another one.with the same result, (no spark starboard side). I noticed melted resin under the flywheel. I pulled the flywheel,sta, and the timer base. The resin seems to be leaking from the stator coils with the wires. What should I do next?

Thank you Boobie. I will do that. After I posted, I looked at the flywheel. I found one of the magnets slid over to another. I will take care of that also.I rely on you and other contributors for almost all technical advice. i have been able to keep this motor going now for 4 years.

Back