Logo

1993 Yamaha 200hp Reving out of of Control Upon Start UP!!! Please Help!!!

chaase68

Hey, I just purchased a 1993 Grady White Seafarer and it has a 200hp Yamaha on the back of it. Boat sat for a few years so I removed all the gas and put in fresh gas, changed the water fuel separator and the primer bulb. Motor was running great! The steering was locked up so I heated up the shaft so it would break free and it did! Now when I go to start the boat the engine races out of control and won't have a normal idle so I thought it could the shift cable or the carbs. Disconnected the shift cable and it did the same thing. So I rebuilt the carbs (this was my first time doing it) and it did the same exact thing. Not sure what else it could be? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Hey, I just purchased a 1993 Grady White Seafarer and it has a 200hp Yamaha on the back of it. Boat sat for a few years so I removed all the gas and put in fresh gas, changed the water fuel separator and the primer bulb. Motor was running great! The steering was locked up so I heated up the shaft so it would break free and it did! Now when I go to start the boat the engine races out of control and won't have a normal idle so I thought it could the shift cable or the carbs. Disconnected the shift cable and it did the same thing. So I rebuilt the carbs (this was my first time doing it) and it did the same exact thing. Not sure what else it could be? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Ok, so I found out one of the butterflies on the throttle was stuck and now its not reving out of control! However, when I rebuilt the carbs must have done something wrong because there is fuel coming out of one of the carbs? Is this the float and needle? Took it apart and seemed out and reassembled but the same thing happened? Could it be the throttle adjustments?

Back