Logo

1992 Mercury 15HP pink diaphragm ring seal replacement

jetted77

Hello,
I have a 1992 15hp Mercury. Gas was leaking out of the diaphragm on the carburetor. I took it apart and noticed a pink seal that the diaphragm needle inserts through was worn and broken. The pink seal is a cyclindrical ring that inserts upward into the bottom of the diaphragm body. I pushed it out from the top, out of the bottom.
I have looked at the carberator diagrams for my engine and learned I need a carburetor repair kit (#19269 or #1395-8237072). This kit is $130 and I only need a .50 cent plastic seal. I see a pink plastic seal in the repair kit photos but am unsure if that seal is the one I am looking for. Does anyone know if the repair kit I am looking at contains the part I am looking for? Does anyone know a specific replacement for the part I am describing? Any other ideas?
My best guess is trying to find a scrap carburetor and remove the piece I am missing.
Thanks yall!

The first photo is of the repair kit I am thinking I need. There is a pink seal on the right side of the photo of the kit, I am hoping this is the one that will replace my broken part. The second photo is a photo of my broken pink, cylindrical seal. When in good condition, it seemed to be much more narrow, such that the needle from the top of the diaphragm fit snugly in and through it. In the 2nd photo, the diamater of the ring is wide, but before I picked it out of the diaphragm, it seemed tight and nearly closed.

Back