Logo

1992 evinrude lower unit removal

Budman23

I have a 1992 evinrude VE70TLEND and I cannot see and bolts to remove to drop lower unit to change impeller. Any help? I can provide a pic on what I have.

Take these simple steps.------Look on the starboard side of the motor.---Disconnect shift cable at the motor.----Find the L-shaped shaft that goes across below the bottom carburetor.----Find and remove the hitch pin on that shaft and remove it.-----Now push that shaft to the port side of the motor ( about 1/2" ) and rotate slightly.-----The shift rod is now disconnected.-----No tools required other than pliers for the hitch pin.

Take these simple steps.------Look on the starboard side of the motor.---Disconnect shift cable at the motor.----Find the L-shaped shaft that goes across below the bottom carburetor.----Find and remove the hitch pin on that shaft and remove it.-----Now push that shaft to the port side of the motor ( about 1/2" ) and rotate slightly.-----The shift rod is now disconnected.-----No tools required other than pliers for the hitch pin.

I want to change the impeller. Just want to drop the bottom end. There are no visible bolts to remove there are just 4 holes. I know there is 1 bolt under the fin.

I want to change the impeller. Just want to drop the bottom end. There are no visible bolts to remove there are just 4 holes. I know there is 1 bolt under the fin.
please let me know

Attachments

• 96B05A8D-5756-44C7-B592-1E7AF607B949.jpeg
    96B05A8D-5756-44C7-B592-1E7AF607B949.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 33
I have never removed the bolts. That’s how the motor has been for apparently years. Do you know what size these bolts are so a can put them back into place once repair has been made?

The bolts are simple.----They can not be mixed up.-----Or it will be obvious where the bolts go.----Just take the lower unit off.----This job is easy and no overthinking needed.

Back