Logo

1991 Johnson 25 hp How to adjust idle speed

frank

" Hello All,

I have had thi

" Hello All,

I have had this motor since new and it has given me good service, but it will die if I twist the throttle handle too far towards slow. It has been like this for a long time and I accepted it for normal until I recently operated a friends motor like mine that would idle even though it contacted a stop in the slow position. I looked under the cover/shroud and didn't see how to change this setting. Thanks for any help.

Best regards,
Frank "

" Frank,

I'm sitt

" Frank,

I'm sitting here thinking about mine.. it's pretty obvious once you see it - If after reading this you still don't see it, I'll get back to you, will look at mine and then know for sure. I believe the adjustment you are looking for is under the cowel, on the port side of the engine and it prevents a bar from coming back too far... play around with the throttle for a minute and convince yourself it's the right srew.

Jon "

Under your cowl look at your

Under your cowl look at your carb and on the port side (left) of carb their should be a screw their you might have to turn it in and out to find the right setting. Just play with that for awail and you should get it where you can troll down to nothing.

Good luck

Back