Logo

1991 2.5L 200hp Black Max... NEED HELP!!!

dunkin07

Hey guys I just bought a 1991 Astro 19FS quickfire about a week ago. Today took a couple buddys out to go fishing and we found a problem. As I started to throttle up on the motor it reached about 2100 rpms and all the sudden it reved up really high and the boat wouldnt go anywhere. It almost acted like i twisted the prop off. I tilted the motor out of the water and the prop was still there. At low rpms the boat seems fine but as soon as it hits 2100 (est.) it just kicks out. Reverse is fine. Anybody have any ideas on what the problem is?? Thanks

Hey guys I just bought a 1991 Astro 19FS quickfire about a week ago. Today took a couple buddys out to go fishing and we found a problem. As I started to throttle up on the motor it reached about 2100 rpms and all the sudden it reved up really high and the boat wouldnt go anywhere. It almost acted like i twisted the prop off. I tilted the motor out of the water and the prop was still there. At low rpms the boat seems fine but as soon as it hits 2100 (est.) it just kicks out. Reverse is fine. Anybody have any ideas on what the problem is?? Thanks

I guess your vulcanic rubber hub in the prop has loosen,try another prop.

Last edited:
Back