Logo

1990's Johnson 2 cyl 20-25-30 power head interchangeability?

bulletbob

i have made a few posts concerning a 1996 Johnson 30 i have that needs attention.. I might rebuild it, but have seen a few ""known good"" power heads that might be a good choice as well.. Problem is, I don't have a model #,and the tag has been gone for years.. I have always gotten the right parts from those few that would take a chance selling to me, or anything I have chanced to buy online, I have typically gotten the right parts.. Some places won' even discuss parts unless I can give a model #...
anyway, can anyone tell me if there are major differences in power heads/blocks?.. In other words, my motor is remote steer/control. 30 hp. Would I be able to use the power head from a pull start , tiller, and just bolt all my "stuff" onto it, or are there actual differences in blocks??... I was under the impression that 20- to 30 HP 2 cyl 2 stroke OMC engines from 1993 to 2003 or so are all pretty much the same, but I am far from an expert... I hope this is ok to post here- This is one I am very interested in but the seller wants a model #, that I can't give,, No tag, and no # on any freeze plug.... any help would be well appreciated....bob

Back