Logo

1990 Johnson GT 150 Carb Leaking

PEJ

My 1990 Johnson J150STLESB GT 150 hp lower carb of the 3 is leaking fuel from the Idle Air Bleed port. The exploded view of the Carb Kit part diagram states only 2 (0323149 ORIFICE, Idle air bleed, No. 38) are required. which one of the 3 carbs do not get this part when rebuilding the carbs? why it leaking there? trying to understand the issue to start with. I had motor running great on water, ran out of fuel, switched tanks, then motor would not develop power to get up on plane. Took 2 gallon tank with approx 30%- 40% Sea Foam, ran it into motor, motor starts fast, noted fuel leak, could have been there from beginning to some degree. has recently been gas pig. opened bowl drains, restarted, still leaking from lower carb idle air bleed port on front of throttle body. Thank you for any advise

I would say it needs 6 of these -----or 2 per assembly and there are 3 assemblies ?-----There is a problem with float or float valve that is why it is leaking ?----Likely the reason for high fuel consumption too.----Easy fix in my opinion !

Last edited:
There are 3 carb bodies. 2 cylinders services from each body. There is 1 idle air bleed port centered above the throttle body. Service books calls out 2 needed for the 3 carbs. So 1 does not have an active air bleed. When operating the motor fuel spews from that port of the lower carb. It is an 1990 GT 150 HP 6 cylinder.

I am interested in only one bit of information. The Idle Air Bleed ports. 1 per carb assembly. 3 carb assemblies on this motor. Only 2 are apparently active of the 3.

Back