Logo

1986 Elect start Evinrude Idle Problem

LakeRat1

On This motor U are suppose to be able to adjust the idle on the control handle by turning the knob on the end of the control, it does not work, I am wondering if there is a adjustment screw some where under the cover where is can speed the idle up a little bit

The motor starts and runs great, when I slow down and pace the shift in neutral the engine Is running to slow and dies, if I keep a hand on the control and turning as hard as I can counter clockwise I am able to barely keep it running, If I take my hand off the control it wont run but a min. or so, I can restart it with now trouble

I have Own this motor since new, it really don't have a lot of hours on it for the age of the Motor >< Its Just the Motor for a Old Guy like me, The elect start I sure nice for a Senior like myself, I use this motor on a 14ft X 42in. John Boat, I mostly fish Catfish using Trot lines, I fish in the Back Waters of The Miss. River

Thanks for what every advice U Can give me

LakeRat1

Thanks Boobie ><It Looks to be E15ECDE = Ser# E0613270 That's what has been listed in the Original hand book, that's been so long ago I don't even remember writing it there, The Boat & Motor or in the Lake at this time, Hope these numbers a what U Need >< Thank U so Much for checking into my problem

LakRat1

Back