Logo

1986 5.7l crusader port engine stalls

SgtMac98

1986 5.7l crusader port engine starts runs couple minutes then stalls, starts back up but stalls after seconds. No water in fuel, new water seperators, new coils, good fuel pressure, choke working. Any thoughts?

ok...sounds like the basics are ok...does the other engine share the fuel tank with the port engine or is it separate?

Is this something that just occurred or has it been around a while and just getting worse?

How many hours are on the engines?

Two separate fuel tanks, I ran the port engine off of the starboard fuel tank with the same results, last season there were no issues with the engines, engine hours are just over 1300. I'm heading down to the boat this weekend and going to try to clean carbs.

unless you are going to take the carbs completely apart to clean them, you'd probably be better off swapping them between the engines to see if the problem migrates with the carb...

assuming you did the fuel pressure check when the stall occurred?? if not, you could do that or just replace both anti-syphon valves...they are possibly original...

I'll switch the carbs and see what happens. I don't think it's the anti-siphon valves because I ran port engine from starboard tank and the port engine stalled after couple seconds. I'm hoping I just need to tear down and clean the port carb.... I'll post the results tomorrow, thanks for the info!!!

Back