Logo

1984 mercury 50 hp exhaust

Qbanredneck

Contributing Member
Hi all, I recently cleaned carbs, the boat ran much better, hit full rpms. Recently though don’t go past 4,000 rpm. The spark does tester meet requirement, compression 120 all four cylinders. I noticed yesterday that some drops of fuel coming out of what I believe to be throttle shaft. I’m thinking may need to redo carbs. It honestly feels like the motor not running on all cylinders. I also noticed some exhaust coming from the front of the motor where power head and exhaust meet. Without Getting into replacing the gasket can the motor still run at full rpm? In order to see if the carbs are the problem first? Boat starts immediately everytime and idles just fine. Hole shot seems to be decent, just don’t go over 4000 rpm.

on a side note when I lift up my fishing chair which is on a wood board to get to fuel tank while boats running. It being right in front of the motor the boat drops a bit of rpm. I’m thinking it has to do with air reaching the motor.

I redid fuel lines while cleaning carbs.

i don’t notice any real big difference removing the cowling and it getting more rpms.

i do noticed a slight surge like the boat wants to get more speed just doesn’t. Carb?

appreciate your help.

Attachments

• 664EB7DC-D9F9-4E76-9F30-A2ECC220A8D1.jpeg
    664EB7DC-D9F9-4E76-9F30-A2ECC220A8D1.jpeg
    16.7 KB · Views: 23
Back