Logo

1984 force 125 1258X4A tilt and trim help?

slimmer57

I replace the both cylinders and replace the pump and the valve body

when i press the trim button up it just gurgles in the revisor and will not lift it up unless i help it lift then it will stay in place 100% when i press down it goes down extremely fast with no problem

I made sure all connections where tight and that there were no leaks up anywhere obvious refilled went up and down about 10 times while helping it to let any air out and still no luck still wont go up but will go down?

Took the manual release loose while motor was up and it went down like suppose to, Tightened it back up and nothing but gurgling again? when you look in there it looks like the fluid is moving but just in the revisor itself but not a lot of air bubbles in it?

Usually the cylinders don't need replacing, the one is just a shock absorber.
If you replaced the pump and it doesn't work? then the pump is probably bad.
The replacements available are junk.

"Manual release" I've not seen a Chrysler Force pump with a manual release. Post some pics??
The first hydraulic line is used to release the pressure.

The first posts in the Force/Chrysler forum has tips and procedures for repairing the T@T .

not sure if it will help i deal with my trim motor and had to replace it but if it just needs help up u might need to bleed the air out of it watch a video on it and mabey add some more fluid

Motor in the down position(MUST be down to fill), fill the reservoir.
Then operate, do this a couple of times , if that doesn't help?? See previous post.

Maybe force motors are different, but I've never worked on a tilt/trim that you fill with motor in down position. When up, the cylinders are full of fluid because they are fully extended, so that's when you fill the reservoir, right?

Maybe force motors are different, but I've never worked on a tilt/trim that you fill with motor in down position. When up, the cylinders are full of fluid because they are fully extended, so that's when you fill the reservoir, right?
thats sounds right to me

The Force is filled when down. You fill it while it's up and then operate it, you'll force oil up into the electric motor.

Back