Logo

1983 johnson seahorse 35hp not pumping water

justind

Ive tried everything, new impeller, new thermostat, I want to say when I put a waterhose to the impeller tube water came out of the peehole but when I put it all back together no water, im just at a loss to know what else to consider.....any ideas??

What did the old impeller look like ?-------How long have you owned the motor ?-----Is the impeller drive key installed ?------------Is the motor actually running hot ?-------------No water out the peehole may mean blockage in the fitting or hose.

I unblocked peehole, abd impeller was a little dry rotted but fully intact, there is a new one now with brand new key, ive had it six months, ive had a few problems nothing major until now. The pump housing looks fine I even have new gaskets and all....what about the pump could cause it not to pump, im going to hook a water hose back up to the pick up tube again just to make sure the problem is below the lower end

The motor ran good and fine and all of a sudden this happens....stupid question..but is it possible that I installed impeller wrong like I put the fins the wrong way?

When you install the impeller you put it on the shaft with they key.----Confirm that the key is driving.----Then lower the housing down while turning the driveshaft the way the motor turns it.-Not sure why anyone would install it any other way.-----Perhaps the grommet at the top of the water tube is damaged.-A blown head gasket also causes overheat problems.--------Is the motor running hot now ?

Back