Logo

1980 4 cylinder timing and link and sync

I'm working on a 1980 v4 that some one has turned the idle timing screw all the way in. I assume it was to increase the idle due to a bad switch box killing 2 cylinders. Once I replaced the switch box it's idling at 2100 rpm so I just need to go over and reset everything. Does anyone happen to have the specs on this engine. ? I have looked for the manual but it seems it's been discontinued..

Model number J115TLCSA
Serial number J5333139

Thanks Mark.

Idle is set in gear on a warm motir and in the water. If you are running on muffs set the idle to 1100 rpm. That will get you close, from there fine tune it on water. You don't care about idle timing.

Idle is set in gear on a warm motir and in the water. If you are running on muffs set the idle to 1100 rpm. That will get you close, from there fine tune it on water. You don't care about idle timing.
Yeah it's not the idle timing I'm concerned about.. I need to check the wot timing because the previous owner has messed with all the settings trying to get it to idle and open up .. I just wanted to know what the specs was...

Back