Logo

1979 Evinrude Armature Plate installation

Atvtrailrider

I am attempting to assemble a 1979 4 hp Evinrude that has been apart for several years. In the service manual it says" Reconnect the throttle lever to Armature Plate link." I cannot figure out what they are talking about and the images are of no help.

Anybody know what they are referring to?

I am not there to read your manual.-----But I believe you are reading the wrong manual.-----Model # of your motor ?------Pictures ?----The 79 models may not have a throttle lever that needs to be connected.----Likely just has a lever on the front that is directly connected to armature plate.

Welcome. Does your motor have the throttle on the starboard side? These simply go through the lower cowling and have a short linkage piece that connects to the stator plate under the flywheel. When you pull the lever forward, it advances the stator plate by rotating it counter clockwise. Then that in turn will open the carb until you reach full throttle.

I am not there to read your manual.-----But I believe you are reading the wrong manual.-----Model # of your motor ?------Pictures ?----The 79 models may not have a throttle lever that needs to be connected.----Likely just has a lever on the front that is directly connected to armature plate.

Mine does have a lever sticking out thatis part of support plate that you move right or left to adjust throttle. So maybe I am looking for something I don't have.

Racer, Gator.....you guys still know your stuff. I should have looked up the year, but I didn't. Pictures always help alot here too.

Last edited:
Who wrote the manual.....is it an Evinrude/Johnson?
Here is the 1978 model Evinrude

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210207-163136.jpg
    Screenshot_20210207-163136.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Back