Logo

1977 Johnson 25 h.p. alarm horn missing

congocal

hello, recently purchased a 1977 25 horse Johnson electric start with the typical 70's white OMC single lever Control (Black handle, with red underside depress lever) - when I took it apart to check it out, noticed there was no alarm horn. There were 2 purple wires with terminals & 1 tan wire with terminal - connected to NOTHING. --Would this prevent the motor from starting when I turn the key? - (Is this breaking the electrical circuit, or is it an optional thing?) Can they be "jumpered"?

Yeah it won’t keep it from starting.. purple wire is just accessory wire.. may need to connect those for the tach but it won’t keep motor from starting.. the tan wire is just the over heat sensor on motor.

Thanks for the info. I know I have other issues that I've been working on (dry rotted wires that I've been replacing), but I wasn't sure about alarm horn.[/QUOTE]=Spence648;720292]Yeah it won’t keep it from starting.. purple wire is just accessory wire.. may need to connect those for the tach but it won’t keep motor from starting.. the tan wire is just the over heat sensor on motor.[/QUOTE]

Back