Logo

1975 Johnson 70hp Help!!!!!

Big Johnson

I have on 1975 70 hp johnson it had been sitting for a few months so of course the carbs needed cleanin, but i figured i'd care it out anyways. got there it didnt wanna idle or run period so brought it home and cleaned the carbs 3 times so far, and its doing much much better but it wont take full throttle when u floor it ita pick up for a few seconds then start bucking and like taking the gas then not then taking the gas. but if u stay at 3/4 throttle it does pretty good. and the idles ok but it could be better. what should i do? is it catching air maybe? the carbs appear to be clean and i dont know wat else to clean in them. maybe some pics would help thanks for any info.

And i for got to ad i took a torch tip cleaner and carb cleaner and run through every hole, jet, etc. i seen, and yesterday i ran it all evening with a can of sea foam mixed in with the gas, i just dont know wat to do next.

Did you remove the orifice in the bottom of the float bowl to clean it ????

i ran the torch tip cleaner through it and then shot alot of carb cleaner through it i dont have the tool to take it out or a small enough flat screwdriver. but i did take that plug out the front the bowl to get to where i could clean it.

All the fuel including fuel for low speed operation goes thru that jet / orifice.------------The passage ways must be clean !!----------Use a 3/16" diameter screw driver to take it out.

Back