Logo

1972 evinrude 100 hp model no 100-293R

Jerome Morris

I’m working on an old evinrude engine and replaced the pusle pack and distributor bace sensor. I have removed the clipper circuit. I am having trouble wiring the pulse pack to the sensor. Does anyone have a wiring diagram that would show me how to wire those two parts together correctly?

2 black/white wires from pulse pack go to sensor (each end)
Black with green stripe from pulse pack goes to sensor base plate ground.
Solid black wires are ground.
Blue from pulse pack goes to coil.
Purple from pulse pack goes to other purple wires on terminal strip.

Thank you for your reply and information I really appreciate it. I have one more question. I have wired the pulse pack up but when I hooked the two black/ white wires up I heard the pulse pack humming and making a weird noise and had fire to the spark plugs but when I switched them it was quiet but had no fire, is this normal or is this wrong. Thanks in advance!

Thanks Steve I have a manual but it includes the clipper circuit which I have removed per instructions. I only wanted to know if it makes a difference if the two black/white wires are exchanged.

I'd be inclined to look at the diagram, figure out what functions the wires have and whether they carry directional current (diodes) and connect them so they perform the work they are intended for. Not much substitute for understanding. Or you could just go with the setup that produces spark.

That is a hall effect sensor. To my knowledge, switching the wires should make no difference. Repeat, to my knowledge.

Back