Logo

1965 OMC DU series engine water temperature issue

65OMC

I have completely rebuilt my old OMC stern drive over the past years with many original OMC parts purchased from your company. However on lake testing the engine we have found a problem with the engine water temperature. Water circulation and flow is excellent with the new replacement impeller installed but we have an unusual situation where two cylinders are running cold and two are hot!?

I am hoping that one of your marine mechanics in your company with knowledge of these old OMC stern drives may be able to assist me in troubleshooting this issue?

I have completely rebuilt my old OMC stern drive over the past years with original OMC parts. However, on lake testing the engine we have found a problem with the engine water temperature. Water circulation and flow is excellent with the new replacement impeller installed but we have an unusual situation where two cylinders are running cold and two are hot!?

I am hoping that members with knowledge of these old OMC stern drives may be able to assist me in troubleshooting this issue?

John

Yes spark on all 4 leads and engine starts and runs fine. However, engine was running cold and then unexplainedly changed bizarrely to running hot on tow cylinder's and cold on the other two....

Back