Logo

1962 Evenrude 75 HP

Well I'm bringing back to life a 1962 pacific Mariner stiletto it has only 20 hours or so and has not been in the water for 50 years. This poor guy has been passed around like a loose prom queen. But I have all the paperwork. And every nut and bolt. I wanted to get the motor running first before I worked on the rest of it. So compression is 70 lbs on all cylinders ( it's a v4 #50522) the dist.has a magneto and I had no spark tookit apart repaired the short and set it all up by the book and now it runs. That brings me to the fuel system. My bad about the vacuum on the fuel pump. The choke has a vacuum to let the water pass so I ASSumed so did the fuel lock. The diaphragm has a big hole in it and I'm ordering a rebuild kit as we speak.

Only thing that can be is a aftermarket ballast. Maybe the OEM resistor wire was replaced. Look like this???
LR24-257x257.jpg

No resistor wire on the MAGNETO on this motor.-----And a 50522 is a 1960 model.-----A much newer powerhead may have been fitted.----Need pictures for to help you !

Back