Logo

1960 Johnson Seahorse Crankshaft O-ring Placement

minion

I wanted to know if anyone knew exactly where the O-ring with the part number: 302035 is actually placed on the Johnson Seahorse Model QD-21. The exploded view provided on this site, which I do LOVE does not actually provide placement. The original technical manual for this motor does not show where it is placed either. The link to the Marine Engine page for this part and exploded view of the crankshaft is HERE. I have also added a few photos of the o-ring on the crankshaft Photo1 Photo2 and Photo3. I suspect the O-ring fits into the channel grooved around the block but there is no certain indication of that anywhere and I dont want to improperly place anything on the crankshaft. The Channel is also right at the end of the bearing and where the other O-ring is so it is like placing an o-ring on top of an o-ring When I disassembled the powerhead, that particular o-ring was not present so I had no point of reference. On a side note the engine is in amazing condition with little signs of wear.

Back