Logo

1959 Jonny 35

B MCNEILL

I am restoring a 1959 Jonny that runs well already. Being new to this site my first question is how to post a picture. the box pops up with an HTTP can't I upload one from my computer?

Often time pictures are too big.----And you have to make a few more posts before your picture will show here----Your location ?

Yes, you can upload from your computer, using the “paper clip” that says attach files. (Found in the box you are typing in).
That will give 3 options- photo library, take a photo, or files.
Generally, if you “take a photo” it will be too large. Max size is 1Mb, so take your pics, then use any of several apps to resize them to less than 1Mb…obviously save them in that format, then select the new smaller sized photo from wherever your computer saves them.

This is my 1959 Johnson Super Seahorse engine I bought recently. It runs fine as is I am trying to identify what these three wires are coming out of the front. The 1966 runabout boat that goes with it has no gages installed. Could that be it? I did order a manual that is not here yet.
Thanks

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 11
Can't make out exactly what wires you are holding. Probably generator wires for use when a generator kit is installed. If no generator, the wires won't be connected to anything. Unless somebody has connected them for some untended use.

As said, generator wires come in from side plug, and won't be connected to anything if no generator kit is installed. They are yellow and blue wires. But people often would appropriate for some other use.

You do have a little cleaning to do there! It's a little crusty in there! I'm sure you'll have it clean as a new one soon. If it's running well, then cleaing is all that's left to do, right?!

You do have a little cleaning to do there! It's a little crusty in there! I'm sure you'll have it clean as a new one soon. If it's running well, then cleaing is all that's left to do, right?!
Yes indeed, I bought it a month ago. I am restoring the fiberglass 14' Skagit runabout boat. I am moving the engine inside on a stand I built so I can go through it this winter to clean and after reading the manual I ordered I should replace the water pump impeller often I guarantee the last owner hasn't. The only work on the engine so far I sanded and re-painted the engine cover. I removed enough grease already out of the engine to lube a semi. I hate to see a boat so neglected. It drives me nuts. When someone doesn't even bother to cover her when out of the water. I have already sanded the rust off and repainted the trailer.

Attachments

• 59 skaget.jpg
    59 skaget.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 6
Back