Logo

135 hp dies at WOT

There are a few others here that you will probably want to hear from but I wanted to ask you about the symptoms.

When it shuts off, is it sudden or as if you turned the key off or does it sort of lose power gradually?

Does this happen mostly when getting on plane or hole shot? Or, can you be cruising part throttle and then go WOT and it dies?

Have you noticed any fuel leaks? Have you checked that the fuel tank is venting properly?

Anything else you may notice might help someone trying to help you.

You may want to have the fuel pressure checked.

Good luck.

There are a few others here that you will probably want to hear from but I wanted to ask you about the symptoms.

When it shuts off, is it sudden or as if you turned the key off or does it sort of lose power gradually?

Does this happen mostly when getting on plane or hole shot? Or, can you be cruising part throttle and then go WOT and it dies?

Have you noticed any fuel leaks? Have you checked that the fuel tank is venting properly?

Anything else you may notice might help someone trying to help you.

You may want to have the fuel pressure checked.

Good luck.

It runs for a bit (at WOT), then gradually looses power. Runs fine until i rry to run at WOT. I checked the high pressure filter & it was nasty, so I have one on order. It'll be here tomorrow, so I'll replace it, and give it a try on the water this weekend.
THANK YOU for the reply!!
Randy

That sounds like you may have found the problem. Please let us know how you make out.

You probably don't need me to tell you but keep in mind that letting the fuel filter get plugged will put tremendous strain on the electric pump and could cause it to fail prematurely. If you've seen how much a replacement pump costs then I'm sure you don't want that to happen. You can use this experience to help you gauge a more frequent schedule for cleaning the VST and replacing the filter.

Good luck.

The boat is new to me so I am still going through all the maintenance,, whether it needs it or not, that way I know it's been done and when it was done.

Problem solved!!!👍👍👍 New high pressure filter and she runs like a champ at WOT.( Changed the low pressure too, even though it looked great)

Glad you got it sorted out!

Now to complete your plan of going over the maintenance items. Water pump? T-stats? Lower unit oil? Engine oil and filter? Spark plugs? Zincs?

It's hard to get that work done though when she's running great and you're having fun ;>)....but you'll be happy that you did.

I'm no pro on these but I am here alot (geek) and read plenty of posts. Because I've seen where some items in particular seem to generate issues I would also suggest that you at least familiarize yourself with the location of the idle air bypass valve filter (electronic air control) and the water pressure relief valve. Not suggesting that they need servicing at this time just mentioning that they are items of interest I've seen others post about.

I hope you thoroughly enjoy your Honda!

ya, I've already changed most of those except the by pass and relief valve, which are new to me so I will definitely do some research on those. motor only had 72 hours when I bought , so impellers not done yet, but will this next spring, to include re-oiling hubs.
thanks for the help, I very much appreciate it!!!
Randy

Back