Logo

115 hp hydro electric shift wiring diragram

Ok so first of all I don't know what year my motor is, serial number J3340864 and the model number 115ESL70D. I am looking for a wiring diagram for this motor can anyone help Ill keep browsing through the different threads but hoping that someone can get me it quicker. thanks for the help

Model #115ESL70D is a 1970 115hp Johnson. Sorry, I don't have that wiring diagram... however I do have a 1971 100hp Evinrude/Johnson wiring diagram which is very close if you don't find the one you're looking for.

Thanks so much for the diagram, in there it says that the black box on the motor is a pulse pack, any way of testing it to see if it's good?

There are two leads going from the pulsepack to the timer-base under the flywheel... tapping one of those wires to ground repeatedly should make the coil fire. Another way... if the flywheel and distributor cap is off... is to slide a feeler gauge past the center of the sensor.

Make sure you have 12V going to the pulse pack input (purple/black). Also, it won't spark if the reverse cut-out spring is shorted. In other words, don't be too quick to condemn the pulse pack. Could be something else causing no-spark.

Back