Logo

115 HP 1995 Johnson

yooper68

"I just got a blowen motor at

"I just got a blowen motor at a good price, after tearing it down I found out that 1 piston the rist pin clip was missing and damage the cylinder. So it would have to resleeved. Do I need a machine shop for this or can it be done without much trouble? Or where could I find another block?

Thanks,
Bill"

"machine shop..........how can

"machine shop..........how can u re-sleeve it,...in the garage?
how bad is damage..could it be bored out to -- .030?"

"Just happens that , that cycl

"Just happens that , that cyclinder has been already bored out .030. There are two groves in it about 1 mm deep X 1 mm widw and the entire stoke of the piston. I was wondering if the jug comes out and if I get a new sleeve if I could do it myself or is this something a machine shop would have to do?"

i have a 1995 johnson 115hp , model #j115eleoc. starter issues replaced solenoid, brushes spins good, but bendix not going up and engaging flywheel took off and cleaned and oiled looks and feels good but still not going up and engaging flywheel thanks any suggestions

Did you have the starter apart ?------Replaced brushes ?------Assembled with notches in the right place ?----Is the starter spinning in the right direction ?

i have a 1995 johnson 115 hp model #j115eleoc wont charge battery and tachometer doesnt work, dont know if related . put a NEW STATOR AND RECTIFIER on it still doesnt work far as i can tell all connections are good battery is good also
thanks

Back