Logo

04 Merc 115efi won't start.

Kelliher

So I recently bought this engine this engine and new it needed some work. The starter works and spins the flywheel just fine but I get a clicking noise for a few seconds and then nothing. I had my fuel injectors shipped off and cleaned, replaced my high pressure fuel pump, high pressure fuel pump filter, cleaned the intake and the vst. My old man has the exact same engine and when he turns his key to on you can hear his high pressure fuel pump hum. On mine you can barely hear it hum and when you turn it over it clicks.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, CJ

Are you saying it turns over and then it doesn't?. . Is the clicking when you turn the key to start?. You should put a fuel pressure gauge on it to see what the fuel pressure is.

Are you saying it turns over and then it doesn't?. . Is the clicking when you turn the key to start?. You should put a fuel pressure gauge on it to see what the fuel pressure is.

It turns over and won't start. I have no pressure at my fuel rail. When I turn my key to on it clicks for about 5 seconds and stops. I'm no mechanic but I assume it's power to my high pressure fuel pump? That clicking noise I assume it's a relay??

Back