2iw7fpu.jpg

After
2n72m9s.jpg

Before
11l6d6b.jpg

After
28lx9oo.jpg

Thanks Mark, I'll let her know... :)
The 4" exhaust outlet is a molded tube through the transom. I used a 4" silicon hump hose, but I think I will replace with standard soft wall hose. The hump hose just seems a little to flexible and soft, so I worry that it will tear. I have already replaced the single tee bolt clamp, and used two worm gear. The tee bolt would leak a little water, and I was worried about over tightening and crushing the tube.

Those hump hose are soft and pliable but pretty resilent. I'd leave them in and check them before each outing until they have "proven their capability" to your satisfaction.

The only time I've seen those T-bolt clamps leak is when they have crushed the ineer tube under them. I'm almost fully converted to them for all the permanent (no annual maintenance actions) attachments.

did you weld up those outboard "custom" elbows or buy them?

Mark, nice eyes. You would be the guy to see those. Kinda funny really.
I had to special order a couple 60 Deg fiberglass elbows, and I still don't have them. Had a customer (friend) build those for me, temporarily, from the same mild steel tubing I used for the testing.
I really wish they had been made with stainless, as them came out really nice....

If you can, cancel the order and just buy some fiberglass exhaust tube. Take it to the welding customer and have him cut them for you. Then just epoxy them together and add a few wraps to the outside. If you wanna be fancy, get him to use three pieces in each elbow. Cheaper and faster.

Bob, it really looks nice. You will notice that I haven't posted photos of my engine compartment. It is because mine doesn't look as good as your before. I imagine that you have a cover to go over the battery post. Drop a wrench and it can result in some nasty sparks and maybe a blown battery with battery acid all over those really nice looking engines.

Good going!

Chuck Hanson

Back