Logo

50hp evinrude 72 14 THROTTLE THEN NO POWER

M

mark s

" Idles fine goes until 1/4 th

" Idles fine goes until 1/4 throttle, then seems like starving for fuel, filter clean.Overall motor in good condition, but has sat in shed for 2 years.was running well last time it went out.problem just started since sitting, Any help would be appreciated. "

Make sure you have fresh fuel

Make sure you have fresh fuel. Also carbs may need rebuilding. Old fuel will turn to varnish if it sits too long in the carbs.
Gary G

" Thanks Gary
I also have a

" Thanks Gary
I also have a wiring problem you might be able to help me with. I need to know what colour wires go to what terminal at the electric gear shift swich.
I know blue and green are neutral and reverse but there are three other wires.
If you could help, that would be great. "

The blue goes to reverse and

The blue goes to reverse and green to the neutral...Is that the way you have them hooked ???

" Gary Thanks for the reply
y

" Gary Thanks for the reply
yes thats the way I've got them and gears are
working fine.but there's a gray,purple/green
not connected.Wondering if may affect ignition
or charging system in any way.Just bought boat
and had to wire switch up.wire diagram didn't
help with these two wires.any ideas?
P.s
I fixed fuel problems.
THANKS "

" The grey wire goes to the ta

" The grey wire goes to the tach, if you have one and the purple and green wire splits and goes to the commen electrical panal and one lead goes to the blocking diode.... "

" Gary thanks that'a exact

" Gary thanks that'a exactly what i needed to know,
1 more thing, Does this motor run on leaded or unleaded fuel? Model no 50273c 50hp evinrude year model 72.
thanks. "

Unleaded is ok but I use 89 o

Unleaded is ok but I use 89 octane in my outboards. It will run on std 87 but I get good performance out of 89. Again that is my choice...

" Gary
THanks for all

" Gary
THanks for all your help, much appreciated. "

I have a 28 horse evinrude ti

I have a 28 horse evinrude tiller with electric start and I believe that the carburator needs to be cleaned. It does not hold an idle. Can I clean it with an additive? I would like to take off the carburator to clean it but it looks like a huge job. The starter is in the way and I can't seem to get it off. Do you have any suggestions?

Back