Logo

1999 175hp Wont start after impeller replacement

Chesapeake1964

Boat has been sitting for 4 years. Started first try with fresh gas. Ran for about a minute. No tell-tale stream. Turned it off. No high temp alarm. I changed water impeller, fuel filter and spark plugs. Now the engine turns over but will not start. Shifter appears to be working properly( i.e. propeller spins in neutral, wont turn over in gear). Flywheel was turned while plugs out to engage driveshaft with lower unit. What am I missing? Thanks in advance for any help!

Plug wires mixed up?

I'm stumped. Happens all the time!

Jeff

I checked the manual and they all are in the correct order( goes right down the line) Firing order is 1-2-3-4-5-6. Its my understanding as long as stator is not moved it should not affect timing. Am I right or wrong on that?

Something else is off here. Pull the plugs and report back what they look like.

Jeff

PS: If you didnt remove the flywheel, and you didn't, then nothing should be wrong under there.

I would vent the old fuel out of carbs or fuel box.
Then I would remove a plug and put a little fuel into a cylinder and see if it fires.
sounds like its getting no fuel

Hey guys. Sorry for the delay. Family life. Took apart fuel lines to check make sure the weren't clogged. Replaced brand new fuel filter with the old fuel filter I had previously taken off. Started on 2nd try. Ran for 15 mins. No problems.

Thank you to everyone for your help!

Back