Logo

Fly wheel magnets on 1976 200 rude

M

mike tolley

hey joe just pulled it apart

hey joe just pulled it apart awaiting timer to arrive. noticed some rust on the magnets in the flywheel. is it okay to sand this off? thanks again. mike t

" Mike.... I assume you're

" Mike.... I assume you're speaking of the metal magnets that are embedded within the flywheel. If so, yes, it's okay to sand them clean.

Joe (30+ Years With OMC) "

" thanks joe. part arrived and

" thanks joe. part arrived and is installed im going to clean these magnets and go get a new flywheel key. then we will fire it up! on the muffs, where should the majority of the water disgharge come from? thru the prop or out of the six holes above cavitation plate? thanks for all your help! mike tolley "

Mike.... The majority of the

Mike.... The majority of the water would be exiting out through the prop[eller. The six (6) holes you mention are the thermostat relief holes. Water flows out those holes only when the thermostats have opened.

Joe (30+ Years With OMC)

" hi joe, well we started it u

" hi joe, well we started it up and it sounds much better. getting fire on every cylinder all of the time.i noticed when it was running that the water discharge out the prop was hot and that the holes above the plate would only sputter every once in awhile. im concerned because my 135 is just the opposite. maybe its because of the location of the thermostats in a v-4.also noticed at idle that the tell-tale was a steady stream but as rpm's increased so did its strength. is that normal? thanks for all of your help!!! "

"Mike.... When running on a fl

"Mike.... When running on a flushette, have the hose turned on full force. There should be quite a bit of water exiting those holes when the thermostats open. Might be a good idea to double check the thermostat area and the water pump.

That tell tale outlet stream should be pretty strong even at idle, but yes, it will get somewhat stronger as the rpms increase.

But you're gaining.... running on all six now.

Joe (30+ Years With OMC)"

Please can anyone tell me how

Please can anyone tell me how the battry recharging occurs on a mariner 60hp power tilt and trim.i think i know but need a second opinion as im only getting about 7 volts out of a small sealed unit?

Back