Logo

b78 99 help

edlankford

I'm replacing the coil lam

I'm replacing the coil lamination assembly and the sensor. Is there a setting for distance from the inside of the flywheel ? Any thing that I should know before ?...THANKS ! Ed

"the posts that u set the coil

"the posts that u set the coil on,are what u adjust,..to... the coil/sensor cannot stick out furthur than the edge that it sits on."

There is a 'alignment ring

There is a 'alignment ring' in the 'special tool' catalogue for that purpose. Just be careful that they does not get dammaged by the flywheel!

"depending upon how large that

"depending upon how large that circle is, a stainless steel hose clamp will work--tighten it around the posts and then set the coils--on lawnmower engines we used business cards as the card thickness was the perfect distance from the flywheel--Ive used the hose clamp on 60s' vintage johnsons--"

"Take the inner diameter of Yo

"Take the inner diameter of Yor fly wheel, reduce it by 1mm, and cut it out on a piece of card board. Then You have it rather close, and quite cheap!"

"You guys are great ! I change

"You guys are great ! I changed the coil and sensor, also both ignition coils and the powerpack.... Starts on a third of a pull, idles great, accelerates better than ever in 25 yrs...I'll try it on the warer tommorow...."

Back