Logo

Trim wont come up

Jimmy2skidoo

Just got a 1981 Chris craft scorpion 210. Brought the boat home and decided to run it in the driveway with the garden hose and muffs. It wouldn't start so I jumped the battery with my truck and it fired up. I let it ruin for a while at idle shut it off and started out again. Success! I then tried to work the trim to see if it was good rim want down bit wouldn't come back up again. So I shut off the motor and tried it wouldn't come up. Then tried to re start the motor and it wouldn't turn over. I heard a click from the starter and a click when trying to bring up the trim. I pulled the batteries and trickled them over night. Gonna try again in a bit but does anyone know if the lower unit can be manually raised? I can't drive it on the trailer as I'm afraid it will damage the skeg. Any tips would be appreciated as I'm a newb inboard big boat owner. Motor is OMC 81 305 V8. THANKS

Have your batteries load tested and clean all your connections. To raise the lower unit take off the quad ring on the left side, raise the unit and block it up.

Have your batteries load tested and clean all your connections. To raise the lower unit take off the quad ring on the left side, raise the unit and block it up.

Thanks I ended up wire brushing all connections then ended up swaping out one battery for a new one trim works good and was out on the water today only thing now is the trim Guage stopped working LOL

Back