Logo

Question for joe

darwin

i was wondering about how man

i was wondering about how many rpms does an out board engine turn when it is in not in gear and at wide open throttle i never done this on my 25 hp i would just like to know! thanks darwin

"Darwin.... DO NOT ever attemp

"Darwin.... DO NOT ever attempt to open up any outboard engine while it is in neutral. You will hit a point whereas the engine will set up a run away situation. Even when you close the throttle, the vacumm will be so great that the throttle butterflys will be jammed in the wide open position.... and the engine will scream away, exceeding its highest rated rpm specification in a fraction of a second. By the time you think about how to shut it down, it will most likely explode. Really not something you would want to be standing next to.

Joe
"

i know better then to do that

i know better then to do that but i wanted to know how many rpms do you think the engine is tunring when it gets full throtle in nutral thnks darwin

"Darwin.... If that engine is

"Darwin.... If that engine is set up properly, you won't be able to obtain full throttle in neutral. The actual rpm that it may be running with the neutral safety stop engaged would vary somewhat from engine to engine. The only way to know what those rpms are would be to take a tachometer reading.

Joe
"

Back